Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Baby Powder on dies

Hello. I was trying to cut out some Sue Wilson flower dies, Delicate Daisies-Complete petals and open Petals.. I tried wax paper and dryer sheets to no avail.. The card kept sticking in the open petal dies.. A friend suggested using Baby Powder.. After getting it all over my clothes and coughing from the dust I have finally found an easy way to use it. It works perfectly and the card just falls out of the dies. I did find that if I am using a dark coloured Card that I had to cut the first one on white card or paper to get rid of any excess white powder..

I used a large paint brush and put the powder in a plastic container and just used the brush to dust the powder on the die and shook off any excess..

I finished the flowers by gluing them together and adding a pearl to the centre.. Now I will have to make a card to put them on Loz


PS. I was also sent this link to using plastic shopping bags .. I have not tried this yet but will have a go ...Loz

9 comments:

  1. Hey Lozzie...sounds like a great idea...I HAVE tried the Shopping Bag technique...( Rag Bag actually...for old clothes etc!)....It works a treat...and the static hold it in place on the cardstock...lol..Thanks for sharing the Talc technique ...hugs Gilly XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I haven't tried this. I have only used wax paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Loz, had no trouble with my card sticking in the die.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, very interesting Kx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a useful trick, didn't know this... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never heard of baby powder - but am certainly going to try it. EK success has a "powder duster" that you use for embossing - might try that first. It is filled with baby powder. The flowers are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea Loz, will defo be having a try...Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great tip. Thanks for sharing, Loz.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace center in line 4 with the new position as listed below: topleft to