Sunday, March 15, 2015

Paper Napkin Art

Hello. It is my turn to set the challenge on my card group this week and I have chosen Paper Napkin Art. I have done this before using mod Podge but this is very messy. last week I discovered a new way to do this. The supplies you will need are..

Paper Napkins with a nice picture pattern.. Remember to remove the  white backing on the back of the napkin.. see 1st photo,,.





Glad Wrap or any cling wrap..
Paper kitchen towels
And an iron with the setting on HOT.
WHITE cardstock.. I don't know why coloured CS is no good but it would not stick to it..

First you cut out a square piece of WHITE CS.
The cut a piece of cling wrap and fold in two.
Trim the glad wrap slightly smaller than the napkin as you do not want the paper towel to stick to the glad wrap..

Place the CS on the ironing board,
then put the folded glad wrap on top and then place the napkin picture facing up on top and cover with the paper towel.
Make sure no glad wrap is showing on the side of the napkin.
Then with Iron on HOT setting  start ironing the top of the paper towel.
Make sure the paper towel is not turning brown, remove the paper towel and check that the glad wrap is not showing through. replace the towel and continue ironing until the napkin is stuck to the card. when it is done. set aside to cool down and then trim the card to the desired size you need..




I finished by cutting out the dog image and made an easel card.
On the 2nd card I cut out just 3 of the dogs and placed on a sponged sky background..Loz

PS.. PAULA (You know who you are)..As it is not yet Monday over there this is a secret)..
No informing the group..LOL














12 comments:

  1. shhhh, I won't tell (well maybe I already said I know what it is -oops). But this is a cool technique! And I love the dog pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so clever gal. Great challenge. Hugs Deloris

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just awesome! I must say I actually hadn't ever seen this technique. I suppose I have heard of modge podge but never seen a project like this. wow, makes me want to try it but to confess, I threw away my iron when I got out of the military. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. psstttt I knew this technique Loz
    it save our time to coloring the Image
    but I always did not so good I mean the plastic then will be lost from the napking
    also then I am not doing more (SAD) but I have bought many lovely Tissue napking
    your Doggie Image is so sweet and you are great making this technique TWO THUMBS UP LOZ
    hugs, Monika (will catch up all your blog and hope you will put the button FOLLOW BY EMAIL SOON)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Loz, love the gorgeous image..Great technique.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! My friend Deb tried to explain this technique to me but I didn't get it. It helps to have pictures when you are a visual learner. I didn't know you had a challenge group. Cool! I may try to give this a whirl this week. Love your dogs, this card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word! These are gorgeous, Loz. The fact that you've chosen doggie designs makes then that much better! My unbiased opinion, of course!
    hugs Asha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loz, this is Gorgeous, Super designed card with a beautiful image and colours..xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh doggies which i love and I never tried this before. I will have to give this a go-Love the cards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These turned out looking fabulous, Loz!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful napkins with the dogs. Have done this process before and it is fun with quick results. Like that you cut the second napkin and only used a portion of it. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute image and cards! Fabulous tutorial, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace center in line 4 with the new position as listed below: topleft to